End of Year Exams/Assessments
Dear Parents and Guardians,
This has been a unique year for all of us and we appreciate your continued support. We will be concluding this year with a condensed version of a Final Exam Schedule. There are two types of final assessments, Final Benchmark Assessments and Regents exams, administered from June 17 – June 24.
- Final Benchmark Assessments – Similar to a final exam, these assessments will allow us to better understand your student’s progress, strengths, and areas in need of improvement. These will not negatively impact a student’s grade. It is our expectation that all students complete these assessments to the best of their abilities whether they take them at school or from home.
- Regents Exams – Algebra I, Earth Science, ELA, and Living Environment are the only Regents exams being administered, per the NYS Department of Education. These will not negatively impact a student’s grade. Students may choose to take these Regents exams in person; however, students who have not been attending in-person school will need to provide their own transportation.
Students are either taking a Regents exam in person or they are expected to log into PCx and complete their Final Benchmark Assessment remotely. See the enclosed exam schedule for more information.
- June 16 – last day of our regular school schedule from 9:00-3:00
- June 17 – 24 – exams scheduled from 8-11 am, afternoon time should be used to study for exams, complete work or Learning Recovery
- June 23 – Last day of In-Person Learning (this only applies to students who have been previously attending)
- June 17 – Students taking the ELA Regents in person must provide their own transportation.
- June 22 & 23 – Transportation continues these two days only for students who have previously been attending in-person school on Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays. All other students must provide their own transportation if they want to come in to take a Regents exam.
- June 24 – Students taking the Earth Science Regents in person must provide their own transportation.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your student’s counselor or Sanya Pelrah, Director of Curriculum and Instruction. Thank you for your continued partnership as we navigate the remainder of the year.
Sanya Pelrah, Director of Curriculum and Instruction